Thursday, August 14, 2008

Finviz

The Finviz web site entered my bookmarks a week ago and it is now one of my favourite financial resources during the trading day. If you actively trade, or at least monitor the markets closely, you should check it out.

The home page alone is terrific eye candy. At a glance you have charts of the major US market indices, heat map, stocks hitting highs/lows and actionable technical indicators, top commodities and more. Dig further and you find stock screeners, news feeds, and charts already marked with trend and support/resistance lines.

I don't know anything more about the site or where they intend to take it, but I like what I see. One unfortunate point is that like many popular services it only covers US markets. This is somewhat compensated by the stock screener that makes it easy to filter on Canadian companies that trade on US exchanges. Despite this, you, too, may soon find Finviz on your favourites list.

No comments: