Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Starting A Blog

Are there a billion blogs yet? Maybe, so why not one more. There must be as many reasons to keep a blog as there are bloggers. My reason is not because I need or want attention, but rather it is a personal database of thoughts as I go through my days as a technologist, businessman, investor, sports participant, citizen, and, well, all the roles a human being plays in this modern age.

We all have thoughts or ideas that are worth recording. This blog is one type of record. As this personal experiment unfolds I'll assess its value and decide whether to continue based on that. It may develop into more than an experiment.

Blog entries will not address my personal life and I will maintain my anonymity. The reason for the anonymity is that I like to compartmentalize the various sides of my life. Anonymity is a tool to preserve this. I will avoid using it to rant or mindlessly attack anyone or anything.

I don't solicit comments though they are certainly welcome, whether positive or negative. I have a strong preference for civilized discourse, even if expressed in strong language. It will be interesting to see if any comments do come my way since I plan no promotion of any sort to draw hits to these pages.

No comments: