Thursday, December 4, 2008

Surviving the (Tech) Recession

Instead of writing a "me too" article about the present political situation, I will look at the economy. Not only is this far more important, it is also of particular interest to me because of the threats facing small technology companies in Ottawa. Small companies don't travel to high-level meetings with politicians and attempt to sway national policy in their favour. They weather the storm or fail.

Rather than write my own thoughts on this topic I want to direct you to an article written by Michael Wakim of Fidus. This short article gets to the heart of matter with a style that is elegant in its simplicity. If you, like me, believe that the small technology firm is the model of success for the high-tech industry in Ottawa, you should read it.

No comments: